The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Greenville is a member of the Southeast District (SED)
of the the Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations (UUA).
Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion that emerged from a Jewish-Christian heritage. Our members hold a wide variety of theological
views ranging from liberal Christianity to Humanism to Earth-Based Spiritual Practices.
At a Unitarian Universalist congregation, you will find a group of people that celebrate uniqueness,
respect diverse beliefs, honors reason voices and shares concerns. If that is what you are seeking, you’ve been looking for the Unitarian
Universalist church. Here you can broaden your vision, affirm your faith, seek answers to spiritual questions, share joy, ease grief, deepen
friendships, and find a forum to work together to increase peace and justice for all people.
Mission statement: United in our diversity, we covenant
with one another to search, to serve, to grow and to love. We seek out those who have been turned away, we embrace those whose spiritual path has been
isolated, we strengthen ourselves to comfort the suffering, we share with our children our commitment to a more just and compassionate society.
The Seven Principles
We, the member congregations of the UUA covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
- Justice, equality and compassion in human relations.
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement of spiritual growth in our congregations.
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large.
- The goal of world community and peace, liberty and justice for all.
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
We Encourage Discussion
One of our trademarks is “Coffee Hour” at the end of every Sunday service. We take that time to discuss
issues, get to know one an other, deepen our friendships, and eat cookies, cakes or whatever snacks someone has graciously brought to share.
We Like To Laugh
We approach our fellowship business with dedication but enjoy seeing the lighter side of life.
Join us for Upcoming Sunday Services
We hope that you will come and visit our church community!