The Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Greenville is a member of the
Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations (UUA).
Unitarian Universalism is a liberal religion that emerged from a Jewish-Christian heritage. Our members hold a wide variety of theological
views ranging from liberal Christianity to Humanism to Earth-Based Spiritual Practices.
At a Unitarian Universalist congregation, you will find a group of people that celebrate uniqueness,
respect diverse beliefs, honors reason voices and shares concerns. If that is what you are seeking, you’ve been looking for the Unitarian
Universalist church. Here you can broaden your vision, affirm your faith, seek answers to spiritual questions, share joy, ease grief, deepen
friendships, and find a forum to work together to increase peace and justice for all people.
We are a UUA-Designated Welcoming Congregation embracing
LGBTQ-identified individuals equally in all aspects of our spiritual community as members, leaders, and teachers. We outreach to the LGBTQ community
through our programs as well as making our space available to community groups for meetings and events.
Mission statement: United in our diversity, we covenant
with one another to search, to serve, to grow and to love. We seek out those who have been turned away, we embrace those whose spiritual path has been
isolated, we strengthen ourselves to comfort the suffering, we share with our children our commitment to a more just and compassionate society.
Covenant of Right Relations: In seeking to build and maintain a strong and vibrant
community, we as members of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Greenville will affirm and uphold the following commitments:
Thus do we covenant these building blocks as we unite together in community. (adopted April 4, 2013)
- To warmly welcome and respect each other at all times.
- To speak with each other directly, utilizing sensitivity, honesty, and an assumption of good intentions.
- To strive to better the congregation by upholding responsibilities of membership and remaining engaged especially through times of conflict.
- To respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal information
- To listen with an open mind and respond in a compassionate and caring way.
The Seven Principles
We, the member congregations of the UUA covenant to affirm and promote:
- The inherent worth and dignity of every person.
- Justice, equality and compassion in human relations.
- Acceptance of one another and encouragement of spiritual growth in our congregations.
- A free and responsible search for truth and meaning.
- The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large.
- The goal of world community and peace, liberty and justice for all.
- Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.
We Encourage Discussion
One of our trademarks is “Coffee Hour” at the end of every Sunday service. We take that time to discuss
issues, get to know one an other, deepen our friendships, and eat cookies, cakes or whatever snacks someone has graciously brought to share.
We Like To Laugh
We approach our fellowship business with dedication but enjoy seeing the lighter side of life.
Join us for Upcoming Sunday Services
We hope that you will come and visit our church community!